BEEF ROAST IS COOKED UNTIL TENDER, SHREDDED, AND SERVED ON CRUSTY SUB BUNS WITH MELTED CHEESE AND A SIDE OF AU JUS.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER FRENCH DIP SANDWICHES
- 1 (3-4 lb.) beef roast (chuck or rump roasts shred well)
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 envelope Au Jus gravy mix
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 8 crusty sub buns
- 8 slices Provolone or Swiss cheese
- Season roast with salt and pepper and place in a slow cooker.
- In a medium bowl, combine onion soup mix, au jus mix and beef broth. Pour over roast.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 5-7 hours. Remove roast from slow cooker (reserve juices) and shred.
- Preheat broiler. Slice sub buns in half lengthwise and arrange on a large baking sheet.
- Top the bottom buns with shredded beef. Top with sliced cheese. Cook sandwiches under broiler until cheese is melted and buns are toasted, 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the liquid from the slow cooker into bowls for dipping. If desired, you can strain the liquid through a fine mesh sieve before serving.
Food recipes from https://www.letsdishrecipes.com